Holwood Farm Shop and Deli offers foodies a true taste of the ‘Garden of England’.
Call us 01689 638381
There is a problem in the local area with phone lines.
If you wish to contact us please do so using firstname.lastname@example.org
Apologies for any inconvenience
Apple Blackberry Crumble
1kg Kentish cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
500g Kentish blackberries
For the crumble topping:
400g Demerara sugar
600g plain flour
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of ground ginger
500ml tub of Simply Ice Cream in the flavour of your choice: try Stem Ginger and Marmalade, Cinnamon or classic Vanilla.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 - 200 degrees.
1. Mix all the ingredients for the crumble topping in a bowl until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Place the sliced apples and blackberries into a pan with a little water and heat until it just starts to simmer.
3. Remove the fruit from the heat and place into a large baking dish.
4. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apple and blackberry to cover with a layer approximately 1cm thick.
5. Bake in the oven until the crumble topping turns golden (around 30 - 40 minutes)
6. Serve with a scoop of Simply Ice Cream and enjoy.
barbecue recipe (1)
soup recipe (1)
Vegetable recipe (4)
Chai latte (1)
recipe, cocktail, elderflower gin (2)
Olive Branch (1)
Family Supper (1)
sloe gin (1)
Chorizo and Bean Hotpot (1)
stuffed mushrooms (1)
barbecue recipe (3)
fish pie (1)
ice cream (1)