Holwood Farm Shop and Deli offers foodies a true taste of the ‘Garden of England’.
Call us 01689 638381
BLUE CHEESE AND MUSHROOM SLIDERS
Jun 30, 2017
- 1 Medium-sized sweet potato
- 30g Butter
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 medium-sized closed cup portabello mushrooms
- Pinch dried chilli
- Salt and pepper
- 50g Blue cheese cut into 4 slices
- 4 tbsp Tracklements Caramelised Red Onion Relish
- ½ a roasted red pepper cut into 4
- Handful rocket leaves
- 4 Small bun
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Roast the sweet potato in the oven for 25-30 mins then slice into 2cm thick rounds
3. Preheat your grill on a medium setting.
4. Melt the butter in a small pan, add the garlic and remove from the heat. Cut the stalks from the mushrooms and discard.
5. Place the mushrooms and 4 rounds of sweet potato on a foil-lined baking tray, brush with the melted garlic butter, sprinkle with the chilli and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 6-8 mins or until the sweet potato is tinged golden brown round the edges and the mushrooms are cooked through.
6. Remove the sweet potato rounds from the tray and keep warm. Top 4 of the mushrooms with the blue cheese and grill for a further 1 mins or until the blue cheese has melted slightly. Top each blue cheese mushrooms with a tbsp of the Caramelised Red Onion Relish, place the other mushrooms on top with the gills facing down onto the relish and cheese.
7. Lightly toast the buns and top each bun with some of the rocket, a piece of roasted red pepper, the cheesy mushrooms and a sweet potato round, place the bun lids on top to serve.
Recipe courtesy of TRACKLEMENTS.
ice cream (1)
Yummy Cheesecakes (1)
All Things Saucy (1)
Kent Life Food & Drink Awards (1)
Emma-Jane Slack (1)
Bromley Business Awards (1)
Homemade Curing Kit (1)
New Products (2)
farm shop (1)
Seasonal Produce (2)
Veasey and Son (1)
preserved fruits (1)
olive oil (1)
Holwood Farm, gluten free, allergy, food allergy (1)
Kingcott Cheese, Kentish Blue Cheese (1)
Holwood Farm food tasting (1)
sloe gin (1)
Simply Ice Cream (1)
Fresh fish (1)
Recipe Ideas (2)
British Bee Keepers Association (1)
Apple Juice (1)
Olive Branch (1)
Park Farm (1)
infused vinegars (1)
Westerham Brewery, beer, Kent (1)
Local Produce (1)
honey bees (1)
Art of Mallow (1)
Old School Thai curry pastes (1)