Holwood Farm Shop and Deli offers foodies a true taste of the ‘Garden of England’.
Call us 01689 638381
Salmon with rice & asparagus - recipe
530g or 4 salmon fillets
200g brown or wholegrain rice
A bunch of asparagus
Zesty Mayo from Lucy's Dressings
Splash of olive oil
Pinch of Maldon sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Start to cook the rice according to instructions.
2. Pre-heat the grill.
3. Place the salmon fillets on a plate, skin side down and squeeze with fresh lemon. Turn over and pat the skins dry using kitchen roll.
4. Place the fillets on the grill pan, skin side up and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and rub into the skin.
5. When the grill is hot, place the fillets under the grill, making sure that the fillets aren’t too close to the grill or they will burn.
6. The salmon fillets will normally take about 8 minutes to cook but check them frequently to make sure the skins are not burning.
7. Whilst the salmon is cooking check your rice. When you have about 5 minutes left to go until the rice is ready, drain most of the water out of the pan and crumble in half a chicken or vegetable stock cube. Stir once to ensure the stock is evenly spread.
8. Whilst the salmon and rice are finishing, steam the greens for about 4 minutes.
9. Drain the rice and remove the fillets from the heat.
10. Place rice in the bottom of a warm shallow serving bowl and place the fillets on top.
11. Drizzle Lucy’s Zesty Mayo over the rice and salmon fillet.
Serve with a wedge of lemon and the steamed greens.
olive oil (1)
Bromley Business Awards (1)
Recipe Ideas (2)
Emma-Jane Slack (1)
Park Farm (1)
Holwood Farm, gluten free, allergy, food allergy (1)
British Bee Keepers Association (1)
Homemade Curing Kit (1)
Holwood Farm food tasting (1)
Seasonal Produce (2)
Simply Ice Cream (1)
New Products (2)
ice cream (1)
Fresh fish (1)
Kent Life Food & Drink Awards (1)
Yummy Cheesecakes (1)
Apple Juice (1)
Olive Branch (1)
Westerham Brewery, beer, Kent (1)
All Things Saucy (1)
Veasey and Son (1)
honey bees (1)
sloe gin (1)
preserved fruits (1)
infused vinegars (1)
Kingcott Cheese, Kentish Blue Cheese (1)
Old School Thai curry pastes (1)
Art of Mallow (1)