Holwood Farm Shop and Deli offers foodies a true taste of the ‘Garden of England’.
Call us 01689 638381
Flatbread - Fig & Mint Tapenade
This homemade vegan flatbread recipe comes courtesy of our friends at Olive Branch. Served with their Chunky Tapenade with Fig and Mint, caramelised red onion, toasted hazelnuts, rocket and ‘creamy’ mustard dressing, they are impressive enough to serve as a dinner party starter or just a light lunch. The recipe serves four (two per person).
- 7g sachet of fast acting dried yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 125ml oat or soy milk, warmed
- 60ml soy yoghurt
- 1 tbsp melted dairy free spread
- 225g strong white bread flour
- 1 tbsp of melted dairy free spread mixed with 1 tbsp of Olive Branch extra virgin olive oil, to brush the dough
- 2 red onions sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive Branch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dairy free spread
- 50g blanched hazelnuts
- 100g rocket
- 1 jar Olive Branch Fig and Mint Tapenade
- 60ml soy yoghurt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Add the dried yeast and sugar to the warm milk, leave for 5 minutes and then stir in the yogurt and melted butter
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl, make a well in the centre, pour in the liquid and mix to make a dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured board or work surface and knead until smooth. Place back in the bowl and cover with oiled cling film. Put in a warm place for 30-40 minutes until the dough has risen and is soft to touch. (Meanwhile, create the topping).
- Divide the dough into eight pieces. roll into balls and flatten with a rolling pin until roughly 5mm thick
- Heat a griddle pan or non stick frying pan over a low to medium heat. Brush each flatbread with the melted spread and oil mixture. Cook the breads for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Add the onions, 1 tsp of the olive oil, soft brown sugar and dairy free spread to a large roasted dish and mix until evenly coated. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the onion is brown and has started to crisp.
- Put the hazelnuts in a small roasting dish and toast in the oven for 3-5 minutes, when cooled, roughly chop.
- For the dressing, mix the soy yogurt with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, the dijon mustard and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
soup recipe (1)
One pot recipe (1)
Vegetable recipe (4)
Simply Ice Cream (1)
Chorizo and Bean Hotpot (1)
ice cream (1)
recipe, cocktail, elderflower gin (2)
Family Supper (1)
Olive Branch (1)
Chai latte (1)
fish pie (1)
stuffed mushrooms (1)
barbecue recipe (3)
sloe gin (1)