Holwood Farm Shop and Deli offers foodies a true taste of the ‘Garden of England’.
Call us 01689 638381
Warm Asparagus Hollandaise
10 asparagus spears
2 free range eggs
Seasoned butter for tossing asparagus in - prepare this by mixing some butter at room temperature with salt and freshly milled black pepper. If you are using salted butter, you may not need to add more salt.
Le Mesurier Hollandaise Sauce
Rocket leaves for garnish
- Trim the asparagus spears so they are all the same length.
- Plunge them into boiling water and cook for about 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a warmed dish. Keep warm.
- Have a high-sided pan just coming to the boil, add the vinegar, stir the water and break the eggs into the vortex. Cook for 3 minutes until softly poached. (Or if you wish you can use an egg poacher.)
- Open a jar of Le Mesurier Hollandaise Sauce and warm as per instructions.
- Toss the asparagus in the seasoned butter and line up 5 on each plate.
- Remove softly poached eggs and place on top of the asparagus.
- Spoon the warmed hollandaise sauce on top of the egg, and garnish with a few rocket leaves
Vegetable recipe (4)
soup recipe (1)
barbecue recipe (1)
barbecue recipe (3)
recipe, cocktail, elderflower gin (2)
ice cream (1)
stuffed mushrooms (1)
Family Supper (1)
sloe gin (1)
Olive Branch (1)
Simply Ice Cream (1)
Chai latte (1)
Chorizo and Bean Hotpot (1)