Holwood Farm Shop and Deli offers foodies a true taste of the ‘Garden of England’.
Apple Blackberry Crumble
1kg Kentish cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
500g Kentish blackberries
For the crumble topping:
400g Demerara sugar
600g plain flour
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of ground ginger
500ml tub of Simply Ice Cream in the flavour of your choice: try Stem Ginger and Marmalade, Cinnamon or classic Vanilla.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 - 200 degrees.
1. Mix all the ingredients for the crumble topping in a bowl until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Place the sliced apples and blackberries into a pan with a little water and heat until it just starts to simmer.
3. Remove the fruit from the heat and place into a large baking dish.
4. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apple and blackberry to cover with a layer approximately 1cm thick.
5. Bake in the oven until the crumble topping turns golden (around 30 - 40 minutes)
6. Serve with a scoop of Simply Ice Cream and enjoy.
barbecue recipe (1)
Vegetable recipe (4)
soup recipe (1)
One pot recipe (1)
Family Supper (1)
Simply Ice Cream (1)
ice cream (1)
fish pie (1)
Olive Branch (1)
Chorizo and Bean Hotpot (1)
Chai latte (1)
sloe gin (1)
barbecue recipe (3)
recipe, cocktail, elderflower gin (2)