Holwood Farm Shop and Deli offers foodies a true taste of the ‘Garden of England’.
Call us 01689 638381
BBQ VegChup Chicken with Cous Cous Salad
You will need 1 large zip lock bag
6 skin on/bone in chicken thighs
125ml All Things Saucy VegChup
2 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the salad:
300g baby potatoes boiled, cooled & cut into quarters
200g giant cous cous
300ml boiling water
1½ tbsp all purpose seasoning
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp olive oil
1 carrot cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
Bunch of chives
- Place all the marinade ingredients in the zip lock bag and mix.
- Add chicken and coat well. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When you are almost ready to cook the chicken, prepare the salad by placing the cous cous in a microwavable dish with the all-purpose seasoning, cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, raisins & water
- Stir and cook on high for approximately 5 minutes until all water is absorbed & cous cous is cooked.
- Fluff with fork & allow to cool.
- Tip the cous cous into a serving bowl then add potatoes, carrot ribbons & remaining olive oil. Snip in the chives using scissors & mix well. Check seasoning before serving. Set aside until the chicken is cooked.
- When ready to cook the chicken, remove from the bage and barbecue it on a medium heat until cooked through, which will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve the chicken surrounded by the salad.
barbecue recipe (1)
soup recipe (1)
Vegetable recipe (4)
One pot recipe (1)
Chai latte (1)
fish pie (1)
Family Supper (1)
Simply Ice Cream (1)
sloe gin (1)
stuffed mushrooms (1)
Olive Branch (1)
recipe, cocktail, elderflower gin (2)
barbecue recipe (3)
Chorizo and Bean Hotpot (1)
ice cream (1)