Holwood Farm Shop and Deli offers foodies a true taste of the ‘Garden of England’.
Call us 01689 638381
CHEESE, POTATO, LEEK & MUSHROOM GRATIN
This indulgent cheese, potato, leek and mushroom gratin, made with Smoked Ashdown Foresters cheese from High Weald Dairy, is delicious eaten on its own or as a side dish with roast chicken.
250g High Weald Dairy Ashdown Foresters Oak Smoked
1kg Maris Piper potatoes
500g leeks, sliced
500g mushrooms, sliced
500ml double cream
4 tblsp bread crumbs
Salt & ground black pepper
1. Peel and slice the potatoes to a 3-4mm thickness.
2. Sweat the leeks and mushrooms in a little garlic butter until soft and then season.
3. In a gratin dish, place two or three layers of potatoes and cover with seasoned double cream.
4. Then add a layer of leeks and mushrooms and top with some grated Smoked Ashdown Foresters.
5. Repeat the process and finish with a layer of potatoes and add the rest of the cream until soaked up.
6. Top with the remainder of the Smoked Ashdown Foresters and breadcrumbs.
7. Bake for 45 minutes at 150 C with the dish covered with foil.
8. Increase heat to 180 C and remove foil and bake for a further 15-20 minutes until golden brown and a knife passes through the gratin easily.
ice cream (1)
Park Farm (1)
Apple Juice (1)
Bromley Business Awards (1)
farm shop (1)
Fresh fish (1)
honey bees (1)
Westerham Brewery, beer, Kent (1)
Old School Thai curry pastes (1)
Simply Ice Cream (1)
Kent Life Food & Drink Awards (1)
Homemade Curing Kit (1)
sloe gin (1)
Kingcott Cheese, Kentish Blue Cheese (1)
Recipe Ideas (2)
Seasonal Produce (2)
Local Produce (1)
Yummy Cheesecakes (1)
olive oil (1)
Art of Mallow (1)
All Things Saucy (1)
Olive Branch (1)
preserved fruits (1)
Emma-Jane Slack (1)
Veasey and Son (1)
British Bee Keepers Association (1)
Holwood Farm food tasting (1)
New Products (2)
Holwood Farm, gluten free, allergy, food allergy (1)
infused vinegars (1)